E-Learning App Development: Types, Cost & Features
The growth of the online modes for students has increased since the pandemic. This growth has been possible with the help of E-learning software systems. This software has shown a future with more opportunities, even in this pandemic. This market will grow to a high of 350 billion dollars by 2025.
Due to this pandemic, most education organizations have shifted to online modes. So, naturally, this means the need for E-learning software systems will grow. So, do you have a complete idea for your E-learning applications and are planning to develop one for your organization?
E-learning product development is not a very difficult process to handle. To make the process easier for you, we have added the types of e-learning apps, its features, benefits, development cost and much more in this blog.
Why should you work on developing software for E-learning -
For the way we are moving in today’s time, electronic modes are very important. Particularly for educational purposes. These mobile applications for e-learning can help with -
1. Make students learn about new skills.
2. Bring new career options for employees.
3. Help students keep on with their education from anywhere.
4. Students can develop new hobbies with the help of these systems.
5. Personalised curriculums and schedules.
But a lot of people like to point out the drawbacks of e-learning applications -
1. They do not fit all types of learners.
2. Some students have a focus deficit, and this can affect their learning ability.
3. Online modes can face technical problems. Like internet issues, teachers do not know how to use the tech or device issues.
4. No physical interaction.
Types of E-learning applications
E-learning platforms are aimed to change the traditional method of classroom education. Today it has become a very important part of the education system, and it has made learning possible for students who cannot attend real-time classes. There are different types of e-learning applications,
1. Student management systems — This software system manages students, alumni, donor data and employees. This helps in scheduling and communicating between different parties. These applications are also known as student information systems. Students can gain quick access to important information, make payment processes easily, and enhance the quality of education for school functionalities.
Most people who use this software are school staff members and students for managing the administrative data, billing, and making admissions. Students can also check their performance levels with this, and they can contact teachers directly if something is wrong. This software gives parents access to parents, and they can keep checking on their kid’s performance, behavior, and attendance.
Key features -
- Student management systems can also include emergency contacts, medical records, personal data, and grades. Every school interaction is saved in this.
- Students also get individual education plans; this helps manage and create personal curriculums for students.
- Admissions are carried out with this system. (From enrollment to graduation)
- With the help of registrations and scheduling, students can easily sign up for extra courses.
- Teachers can manage grade books for students with this.
- Accounting services are also managed with this, like scholarships, fees and fundings.
- Lesson planning and course administrations like managing, viewing and creating new models.
- Teachers handle all the documents with these software systems.
- Students get a separate portal with e-learning web portals. This portal tracks student’s performance, grades, schedules and attendance. Students can also communicate with students with this software.
- Students can also integrate their systems with third-party applications.
2. Assessment Systems -These systems help in making the assessment process easier for students and teachers. With the help of these software systems, teachers have very few errors and problems in creating or checking exam results. And students also get a streamlined assessment process.
There are two types of assessment systems, one is lesson creations and the second is point solutions.
- Lesson creations -These are interactive lessons with built-in material for learning.
- Point solutions-With this, one can create assessments, collect results and handle the administrative tasks for reporting. This system can be integrated with the student management system.
Teachers mainly use assessment software for creating and distributing exam grades among students. Student problems can also be addressed with this software. Students are able to make direct interactions with the use of the app. They can view their test questions and write answers or choose them. When school administration uses this software, they check the performances and compare the results of students. Administrative staff also set the standards of data formatting and policies for the school year.
Key features -
- Policies can be managed with this, and custom templates are created. Assessment of results can also be managed with this.
- Results are collected with analytics, and support segments are used for making comparisons.
- Pre-built reports are derived from the data collection.
- It has a multi-lingual support system for creating and passing assessments.
- A quick assessment of data and results is delivered to students.
- There is an offline mode in this for healing run assessments without connecting to internet services.
- There is a white-label branding option for making assessments.
3. Virtual classroom systems — These systems create a real-time learning experience for both teachers and students. These help in improving the distance learning process and engage students more.
This software can be used by teachers, tutors, lecturers, students, administrative staff and employee trainers. Teachers can connect with absent students and deliver lessons. Students can join online classes from anywhere with the mobile application. Tutors can also help improve the learning process with interactive lessons and live sessions. Administrative staff and employee trainers mostly use this for online video conferencing and running learning sessions for new workers.
Key features -
- Video conferencing and text chat — This helps enhance lesson discussion and make remote interaction possible. Text chats help students ask questions during or after classes.
- Password access and video encryptions — This is important for security and privacy reasons.
- Whiteboards — Teachers use these to show step-by-step problem-solving methods. Many educational apps also provide collaborative whiteboard options.
- Sharing files and screen — This software allows uploading presentations, like PDFs, audio and video files, with students. Screen sharing is useful when file uploading fails. Teachers or students can share their computers or mobile screens.
- Breakout rooms — This feature is very helpful; it allows teachers to split the class into small groups and hold discussions and group projects, etc.
Cost of developing a mobile application for e-learning -
It is difficult to tell the actual cost of developing this application. This is because E-learning applications have many features, and each one can cost differently than the other. The app cost can also depend on the platform you have decided to develop your application on, such as iOS, Android, Native or Hybrid applications. This is why it is important to contact an e-learning app development companies because they can help you find the real price.